NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
262 hugs
given
Default Jul 08, 2023 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
True, there's more medical advances so people live longer. But what about the quality of life, living that long? It's not only about the climate but about the cost of living, mobility issues, etc. $hit happens, and they are always talking about how there's not enough quality care for older people. Or for kids either.
Based on the people I work with I do think if you take care of yourself you can largely avoid growing "infirm" for most of your life. There are a ton of sickly people out there but often if you dig into them you can tell they were not taking care of themselves if they knew it or not. I just see more and more very healthy and sharp people who shock me with their age. In real life and in the media. My old boss, a jerk, is 82 morbidly obese, and still is working. I watch every day waiting for him to pass.

And now that Canada allows for Euthanasia... I wonder if we might be on a better track for when you know the end is coming you can go peacefully.

Quote:
I have seen people sicker after taking meds that are supposed to help them than for those of us who choose a natural way to deal with the issues

Part of my plan is to avoid drugs as long as I can. My mom I think died of a drug and as part of my HA I did look into it and a lot of drugs have serious side effects that are not discussed or taken seriously. I would not at ll be surprised to find out that drugs really cause more problems than they solve.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote