Thread: Is it OCD?
View Single Post
Sohappy

Member Since Dec 2018
79 hugs
given
Default Jul 11, 2023 at 09:54 PM

Yes, I would consider it ocd if you feel like it's hard to stop. Not all ocd is physically harmful. Sometimes people have a ritual habit of skin picking, organizing things a certain way or need to take hours to do the dishes or can't leave the house without checking the stove oven is off several times. Also rumination can be ocd which I struggle a lot and it interviews with my ability to watch a movie.

It's natural feel confused as to why it's hard to stop.

Try to educate yourself about ocd.

Orlando Counselor And Five Point Plan to Beat OCD |
Orlando Counselor And Five Point Plan to Beat OCD |).

Quote:
Originally Posted by What_the_hell View Post
Hi guys, ever since I was a kid, I've had this behaviour of pulling out threads out of fabric and rolling them into small sharp balls that I'd roll around my skin. I find doing that on a regular basis even now and it is both calming and unnerving - because I feel like it's not really ok to do that but find it hard to stop! Could it be OCD?

The activity doesn't really harm me physically although it sometimes leaves almost unnoticeable marks on my hands. It does harm the towels at home though and also mentally I feel confused about it. Would be glad if someone here could help figure out what's up.
Sohappy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote