jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Jul 12, 2023 at 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Really sorry you’re going through this. It sounds like your med isn’t working for you, maybe go back to your Dr and talk about this. As for your therapist dumping you, what happened there? Do you want to tell us more about that?

You mentioned being needy with friends, I struggle also with feeling that way, someone (a friend) told me I wasn’t needy but rather I had needs. It might be this way with you too. It almost certainly has its roots in your upbringing, it sounds like your emotional needs weren’t met growing up.
Thanks. I did tell my psychiatrist about things & she keeps raising the dosage

I was seeing a student therapist who only charged me $5 a week. I used different ones for two years. I could only use them for 6 months at a time then switch to a new one. The last one claimed that I wasn’t making progress. She worked with me for a few months.

As for friends, most of them don’t really want to hear about my problems to often. I can tell. The subject gets changed fast. Only one friend listens. She has similar issues & is an empath too.

I can’t keep telling her negative things though or she’ll probably start get to annoyed with me. I’ve been told that I’m to ‘negative’ in the past & that a few people felt like I treated them as a therapist. Ironically I listened to them too but I never accused them of that.

My emotional needs weren’t met growing up. My das is a narcissist & my mom is a critical paranoid nag. My sister is a stuck up phony and a psychopath.

She looked down on me most of my life for not being cool & popular like her. I was bullied in school from 11-16.

I didn’t have any close friends. I was bullied as an adult at work & by other people too.

I got very little support from most people growing up. I got most of my support online. My husband is definitely not supportive. I recently met two cool women who have similar issues, but I don’t think that I should be a drag to often or I’ll loose them.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated