jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Jul 13, 2023 at 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Well you cannot change people. You can only change yourself. So you can’t do anything to make your husband be someone he is not. That’s who he is.

As about situations you find yourself in, I wonder if there are some type of adult life skills classes or something. You often end up in situations that could be avoided. Does it mean your husband justified in being nasty? No, he should remain calm. He needs to find other ways to remedy the issues.

Honestly if my husband decided to go on trips and parties with no extra money and didn’t charge his phone and didn’t check train schedule, I’d not be too excited. Now I’d definitely pay and not hang up on him and I’d not be nasty, but I’d have a long talk with him about basic life skills.

Maybe make a list of things before going places: stuff you need to get done, things to check while there etc

Really if you have no extra money/valid credit card for a transportation, you shouldn’t travel because emergencies happen and you could end up stranded or in danger. And how late did you think trains run? It’s like a subway. They don’t run all night. It would help if you prepare for events ahead of time. Of course some things could not be predicted but many could be avoided if you prepare well
I’m not that irresponsible although it seems like I am that way. I just made a mistake & I’ve obviously had bad luck that wasn’t exactly my fault. I thought that since S.F is a big city, that the trains would run late.

My phone is usually charged & I usually have more than enough cash on me & enough gas in my car to get home.

These things happened a long time ago btw. I learned my lessons. No one ever taught me any life skills except for driving. So of course I mostly learned about things the hard way that wasn’t taught in school or common knowledge.

Yeah, my husband should’ve paid for the ride. There are classes on adult life skills? Where?
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote