Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,674 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2023 at 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
I'm even reluctant to try that Meet Up stuff that's so hyped up. I just feel the odds are 50%, no better, that I'll meet quality people. I was thinking of trying to find a book club that spends the whole time on the BOOK and not other nonsense like the one I go to at the senior center. It's a lot to go through for something that's more risky than meeting people by chance, such as in the library as an example.

And I don't want to create ANOTHER username/password; I have dozens. And doing all that technology, dealing with emails, whatnot. Like you I'm afraid I'll get ghosted again, after ALL that. Or that I'll end up with another group just like the one I'm in now: 1 or 2 long-winded people dominate the conversation for the whole hour, no facilitation either.

I agree that ghosting is only okay in extreme cases, such as really crossing lines or inflicting intentional harm. Otherwise, it's cowardly. It's supposed to be about people not having the courage to be straight with you. I guess I don't want anyone like that in my life anyway. Still, I won't seek out confrontation per se but I'm not afraid of it either.

People suck.
I have a thread on here called "People Suck"... I think it's in the relationship forum. Here it is:

People Suck

And, I know what you mean. It seems you feel soured on people because of your experiences. And I know I have been lately. But I also know I have to believe that there are still good people out there, kindred spirits, to be found, even as we age. I think it's more a matter of placing yourself in the right groups to find those people.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl