Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,676 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2023 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samicat View Post
I don't have much to add, but I feel like your Mom is a bit wrong - I think especially at an older age, starting a new job is very intimidating. I had a lot of different jobs when I was younger and I found it takes 3 months to adapt to a new job. I know not everyone will take that long, but for me that's how long it took to feel comfortable. I was also very careful to get the "lay of the land" for a few weeks before clicking with anyone socially. Not always easy as I am naturally talkative!
I think it’s a matter of perspective. I see your point which is very valid. I also can think of it from my mother’s perspective - to be excited for a new leg of the journey in my life. And to view a life overhaul as something new and exciting. I can see that. I just don’t feel that way right now. I feel burdened by my recent divorce and other family issues going on. And that’s effecting my perspective.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl, Samicat

Thanks for this!
nonightowl