Thread: L is pregnant
View Single Post
comrademoomoo
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 15, 2023 at 04:40 AM

I think the previous comment about four months being enough (was it our learned friend una? I can't remember) was insightful (must have been una!). Four months is all you have and so you work within that timeframe; it becomes its own filter. Realistically, years is not long enough to address the issues you list here because, as you say, they are core. They are deep and far reaching, far beyond your relationship with L and certainly far beyond her pregnancy. You process enough in these next four months and then you do more work beyond that, with the temporary therapist and with L when she returns.

I think part of the difficulty with this situation is that the issues you list have became forefront very quickly, all at once and not on your timeline. L's timeline is shining a light on your areas of pain and that's hard. Can a timeline shine a light? Maybe una knows. Anyway, I hear this particular aspect of the timeline to be a difficulty which results from the artificiality and inherently painful nature of the therapeutic relationship. I realise you might feel differently because of your different attachment stuff, but either way this stuff is hard.
comrademoomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lemoncake, unaluna

Thanks for this!
AnaWhitney, ArtieTheSequal, Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, NP_Complete, ScarletPimpernel, unaluna