112 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 15, 2023 at 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightful View Post
HI, R.

It was fun having square peg visit.

Last few days have been frustrating, but I think there's an end in sight. My two projects are setting up a website and editing, editing, editing. My friend gave me some good critique which I'm going to use, but it means rewriting the ending to Through Unfamiliar Waters. I also rewrote the ending to Refuge and Warm Tea. So more frustration ahead, but an ending in sight. July is a Nanowrimo month, I'll see how much I can get done then. Meanwhile, I'm in high production mode after two days of goofing off due to frustration.
A friend helped me set up my website. We used a Go Daddy promo and switched to WordPress to get a better website. The domain didn't switch to Wordpress. It took five techs at Go Daddy and two and a half hours to figure out the problem. - The promo didn't switch. I had to upgrade to get it to switch.
I'm willing to pay a fair price. I'm not trying to cheat Go Daddy, although it felt like that was what I was doing. My friend, and a You tube video said this was the way to do it. Here is a recount of my attempts to build a website:

Took a class on line. The teacher's power went out before she could really teach us something of value.

Tried it on my own. Didn't do too well.

Asked a friend's son to help with the website. The son died before anything happened.

Tried it on my own.

Hired a professional to build the website. The company was a scam.

Asked a friend to help me. See above for the details of that experience.

Should I keep trying or give up???????

I don't believe that the Universe sends us signs, but maybe?????

I don't believe that the Universe sends signs to us, but come on!
Sorry I missed this, but wow what a disparaging set of events to get in the way of your creative process!

If you're comfortable with Wordpress, perhaps you can select one of their free templates and place your content into it. (I like WordPress -- I selected it for my wife's blog, although I use Blogger for my own.) WordPress can also provide the hosting and domain registration for you. You'd not need GoDaddy unless you already have the domain registered with them. (And perhaps not even then.) A church I go to was also having trouble with GoDaddy, so it might be good if you can eliminate them.

Good luck to you and with NanoWriMo!