View Single Post
JustExisting

Member Since Apr 2019
15 hugs
given
Default Jul 16, 2023 at 01:11 AM

I love my T. I have been with him for years. Definitely been some ups and downs, and I usually feel like our connection is healing for me, however sometimes I question his approach.

I am doing better now but a while back I had a crisis. I was on the brink and pulled myself back, all on my own but it was like I was mentally restraining myself (like a mental straight jacket almost) for a while. I talked about it openly with T, about what was stopping me... barely. A few things, but the main thing, the most important thing was my young son, who I couldn't imagine abandoning like that, although in the depth of my crisis even that hardly registered. I had to dig deep to find it in the midst of it.

After I expressed what an epic regretful last thought that would be, and how it would not be the legacy I would hope to leave in the world, he responded by saying that if I did it, he would be ok. Time would heal and he could still live a happy life.

Curious what anyone thinks about that. It always struck me as cold and counterproductive. I was just barely clinging to life and that was basically my life line and he essentially, as far as I see it, tried to sever it. I didn't believe him, for the record. I don't think that my son would ever fully heal from it. I know that he loves to too much and is very attached to me.

Why would a T say such a thing? Is that some kind of method I'm simply not aware of? some kind of reverse psychology perhaps?

Last edited by JustExisting; Jul 16, 2023 at 02:10 AM..
JustExisting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AnaWhitney, Bill3, HALLIEBETH87, LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel