View Single Post
Esmme

Member Since Mar 2018
6 hugs
given
Default Jul 16, 2023 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pflower View Post
I personally do not feel that the word holocaust belongs exclusively to the Jewish community.

I'll probably get dragged for that, but it's okay ...

The Native Americans experienced a holocaust by Europeans in my humble opinion ...

It may not have been on the exact same scale, but to me it was a holocaust for them nonetheless.

I've oft referred to my childhood experiences as my own personal holocaust.

Anytime a person or group of people is systematically targeted to be completely annihilated simply because of who or what they are THAT IS A HOLOCAUST for them ... Period!

If anyone takes offense to that, I'm sorry, but it's the absolute truth!

With all that being said, unfortunately we cannot make anybody love or care about us, and the haters are always gonna be out there, so ...

The best thing we can do is learn to love ourselves and practice a lot of self-care accordingly.

I completely agree. I also feel like the Holocaust was not the only major genocide in the world. The people I was talking to had an attitude like, "Nothing is worse than the Holocaust". But there have been plenty of genocides that were just as bad, if not WORSE than the Holocaust.

And I completely agree too. When people are systematically targeted, it's the same tactics that the Nazi propaganda used. Every time.

Thanks for the reassurance.
I just feel so terrible lately... I know I didn't do anything wrong, but it feels like everyone is mad at me for some reason or whatever and I can't do anything to make them see me any different....

"Should I tear my eyes out now?
Everything I see returns to you somehow.."
Esmme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, nonightowl, Pflowers

Thanks for this!
nonightowl, Pflowers