Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 17, 2023 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
Motts, I’m so sorry to hear about what you went through with each situation. Those people were very rude & immature. Especially that receptionist. She should be fired for being rude & unprofessional. Was she young by any chance?

That FB lady obviously just wanted a text only or FB only kind of friendship. She sounded like a fake person. A lot of people use the ‘busy’ excuse to blow people off. It took me forever to realize that it’s an excuse.

Most people aren’t straightforward. A lot of people are afraid of ‘confrontation’ & hurtting other people’s feelings. That’s why ghosting has become so common these days. That & the slow fade too even with long term friendships.

I had to have those things explained to me many times by other people. I’m like you in this way. It hurts. It sucks that most people communicate in this wussy way including men sometimes, but it us what it is.

Next time people give you lame excuses, just delete & block their number or accept what they’re willing & able to give & not excpect more from them.

I have done that recently with a bunch of women I met who I felt weren’t sincere. I didn’t say anything. I just trusted my gut. One woman was obviously was blowing me iff after she got a new b.f.

Maybe that lady needed more time to get to know you better before she felt comfortable meeting you, who knows?

She shouldn’t have called you a weirdo though. That was very rude. As for the receptionist, I’d complain about her to H.R too. What a ******! Hopefully she’ll get fired soon. They should’ve let you in the building. She could’ve had someone let you in.

She just didn’t care. It’s a good thing that you didn’t get the job there as you wouldn’t have been treated with respect there obviously. You deserve better than that.

As for your friend, you’re right about what you said. She doesn’t understand your struggles as she has never walked in your shoes.

She lacks empathy to some degree. You didn’t really do anything wrong. I’d be upset if I were you too. I’m the same way.

I’m also emotional & I would tell people off too, lol. I have told many people off before. I recently got my Lyft account permanently deactivated for daring to report this idiot driver.

He lied about what happened & accused me of assaulting him which was b.s to protect himself. He dropped me off in an unsafe area & he knew it.

Sorry for the rant. If I would’ve kept quiet & reported him instead, then I probably would still have my account. Stupid Lyft took his side unfortunately. You never know how far some people will go to get back at you.

I’m not saying to not speak up. I’m just saying, be careful as there are some nasty & vindictive people out there who are unhinged.

If you’re ever in a situation to whete a company makes you wait outside for an interview, leave. It is a HUGE red flag! It means that you’ll be treated like garbage! I’ve had that happen to me too.

Don’t ever tolerate disrespect. Especially for a contract or low paying job! It’s not worth it!

You are to good for that nonsense! A lot of people suck! Unfortunately a lot of people don’t respond well to honesty. It’s hard being an honest person in a world full of fake people.
Although I agree with most of what you said, perhaps “blocking and deleting” because you think their excuse is lame might be a bit harsh.

There’ve been times when I truly was too busy to even get my basic needs met let alone have social life. I’d be hurt if people blocked and deleted me because they thought I was fake or gave lame excuses.

It’s important to stand up for ourselves but we don’t want to lose all connections with people because we don’t trust they have valid reasons for something.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108