divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,280 hugs
given
Default Jul 18, 2023 at 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
The thing is, I am not spreading any rumors about him being an abuser. Amy's mother wrote to many people from the community announcing that he was abusive towards her daughter, Amy. She included me in this group of people she informed. Also, the venue management was told by Amy that he is abusive. So, I am simply backing and supporting Amy in her plight.

My answer to all the drama as of late is to exit from it all and to remove myself from this community for a while. I want to avoid stepping into landmines, which is what this situation with Leslie was to me.
Well again her mother saying something doesn’t make it so either. I am not saying you are spreading rumors but if you say that he is an abuser, it could be considered spreading rumors/repeating wrong info about something you just don’t know. Same with passing what you heard to Any. Not saying you are spreading, just that it could look like that.

“Being told by Amy that he is abusive” doesn’t mean he is. That’s the thing. Your ex said things about you. Were they true? And his brother and friends said things about you too. One can say Hope must be crazy etc because that’s what all these people said. But is it really what happened?

I am just saying it’s your right to support whoever in this situation, but other people might support the other person or they might consider both sides. No one is right or wrong because no one knows.

Staying out of it might be the best and it sounds like that’s what you are doing. Smart move

Last edited by divine1966; Jul 18, 2023 at 08:11 AM..

Thanks for this!
Have Hope