Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 18, 2023 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pflower View Post
I personally do not feel that the word holocaust belongs exclusively to the Jewish community.

I'll probably get dragged for that, but it's okay ...

The Native Americans experienced a holocaust by Europeans in my humble opinion ...

It may not have been on the exact same scale, but to me it was a holocaust for them nonetheless.

I've oft referred to my childhood experiences as my own personal holocaust.

Anytime a person or group of people is systematically targeted to be completely annihilated simply because of who or what they are THAT IS A HOLOCAUST for them ... Period!

If anyone takes offense to that, I'm sorry, but it's the absolute truth!

With all that being said, unfortunately we cannot make anybody love or care about us, and the haters are always gonna be out there, so ...

The best thing we can do is learn to love ourselves and practice a lot of self-care accordingly.

Are you referring to a term genocide? You are correct that horrific treatment of Native Americans, Holocaust (Jews call it Shoah), Rwandan genocide , Khmer Rouge and many others are all examples of genocides. Not sure where you are going with the use of term Holocaust in regards to your personal childhood experience, but you are right that genocides are not just Jewish experiences and no one ever said they are
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote