View Single Post
John2023

Member Since Jul 2023
1 hugs
given
Default Jul 19, 2023 at 05:24 AM

Hi all, I would like to share my thoughts on self-esteem if I can have a little of your time. Self-esteem, is believing one is competent to face life and life's challenges head on. It's getting to a place of self-reliance, aware of one's strengths while working on one's weaknesses. Playing to our strengths will yield positive results, and working on our weaknesses will help us to become more rounded and resilient.

So here is my approach to self-reliance. Stop trying to win acceptance from others, but instead stay true to oneself and learn to trust our instincts, intuition and judgement. Now this may be a process, but with a safety, security and emotional stability approach learn to trust our decisions, and any mis-haps, learn from them and quickly move on rather than dwell in self-loathing/hatred etc. Try and make the most of opportunities as they present themselves always keeping risks to a bare minimum, (this is a measured approach). As we learn to trust ourselves and our measured decisions bear fruit we start to learn about ourselves and where our competences and strengths lie, and if we didn't have direction in life before, we may start to see where our strengths can take us.

Other things like self-assurance and healthy respect for ourselves and others can be gained through training in effective Martial Arts (practices that teach techniques and then pressure test those techniques in free-flow). Examples are MMA, Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Sport Karate to name just a few. Always check out any health concerns with our Doctors etc. before embarking in exercise. Also to add any good Martial Arts instructor will strive to get their students to a place of physical and mental strength and competent in their chosen Art. It is mind and body working in tandem, focussed in their present surroundings with heightened concentration, and this is a gradual process never taking someone out of their comfort zone, and great things can be achieved in just 6 months of training with an average of 2 days attendance weekly.

Other great ways of building on someone's self-esteem and self-awareness are finding an employer who invests in their employees. Retail employers who promote within can be great examples. They will not only concentrate on training practical competences, but will also be mindful in developing team working and later people management. New starters today as they progress can very much be the managers of tomorrow, and personal development through support, recognition and encouragement is very much part of that. Hope this has been useful, much respect to all of you.
John2023 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01