View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 21, 2023 at 03:41 AM

Actually, there are amazing perks! I got a free pair of new New Balance sneakers yesterday, on the house. A whole group of us did! We had a meeting between my marketing department, Google representatives, and our digital agency, and we all got a free pair of sneakers! Google also treated us out to a nice dinner, about ten of us, with wine and tapas!

The hours the company proposed were 9-5. However, since I am paid hourly, I do not get paid for a lunch break, which reduces my hours to less than 40/week if I take an unpaid lunch working those hours. I had to approach my boss yesterday to ask her if I can work 8:30-5:00 or 9:00-5:30, so that I can take an unpaid half hour lunch break and still work 40 billable hours each week. Make sense?

As a freelancer, I am paid by the staffing agency that coordinated the hire. So they take out taxes for me. I must submit a timecard each week to my boss for approval of my hours. I feel silly doing that, but it's how it works with freelancers who are hired by a staffing agency.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote