View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,641 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 21, 2023 at 03:48 AM

Speaking of being new. Yesterday was a bit awkward for me. While it was awesome being treated to a new pair of sneakers and having a nice dinner out on Google, I didn't talk much to people during dinner and felt fairly awkward, being the new person. I did make some amount of conversation with each person sitting directly next to me on either side, but there were long lulls where I where I wasn't a part of any conversation, so I just sat there feeling stupid. A few people left before the bill was paid and after dessert, so I took off early myself for this reason.

One of the Google reps I thought was pretty handsome or cute. I shook his hand on the way out to thank him for our dinner, and he spoke to me but I couldn't hear a word he was saying so I just smiled and nodded. Again, feeling stupid.

And, during our meeting with Google, the digital agency, and members of my dept, I didn't say one word. I just sat and listened for two hours. The meeting was mainly focused on paid Google advertising that New Balance pays Google for, so it didn't have a lot to do with my own work. Still, again, I felt kind of stupid sitting there and not saying anything.

It is definitely hard to be the new person.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jul 21, 2023 at 05:00 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote