View Single Post
crayon art

Member Since Jul 2023
Default Jul 21, 2023 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2023 View Post
Sorry to butt in here, but I would like to share my thoughts if I can have a little of your time. Now when someone is struggling and perhaps paranoid their behaviour can become somewhat erratic as they get triggered. Personally (and please bear in mind I'm not a health professional etc), I think stability and security reign more important than the outward displayed behaviours. Understanding and reassurace can be a calming influence, but it's a process that takes time. For example showing kindness to a abused animal takes time before gaining their trust. Criticism etc. might lead to barriers in communication and achieve nothing else besides resentment and rebellion. I wonder if he has any support teams etc. Perhaps these are the people who need approaching for advice, support and help etc. aswell as taking some of the responsibility/burden off your shoulders. I hope this has been of some help.

I wish he had someone to confide in honestly and someone other than his mother he would connect with. I am pretty sure he has burnt all of his bridges with all of his friends and family.
I can tell you it won't be me. I married his mother after he was out of the house. Mostly he puts up with me. I am the dude that married his mother, he hast to accept it but that is about it. Earlier I tried to be more friendly and reach out a few times. Anytime I tried to have a constructive conversation with him, his mother would bring it up a day or so later. Not sure why he felt he need to tell his mom everything we discussed, but it was enough of a warning. He didn't want it.
When I come across people that I can't trust, I just go flat, no emotion either way. I really did try to reach out more times than I can tell you. But, now I am the focus of his issues, so I am not anyone he will trust. I am so pissed at him for doing this to me, mostly by his trying to turn his mother against me, but I just bury it.

I understand what you are saying about an abused animal, but how many times do you have to get bit till you back off?
crayon art is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote