View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
7,015 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 21, 2023 at 04:41 PM

To me, it seems like you actually need grounding skills whether or not you stay with this T.

L does many different grounding exercises with me to help me stay or get back into my window of tolerance (with and without touch). One thing we do that helps a lot is breathing meditation. Another thing is identifying the 5 senses. And yet another is questions and answers. Sometimes even jist talking about daily things like my dogs, can put me back into my window. She also has made recordings of her breathing exercises and meditations, so I can use them if she's not available.

I will, however, say that touch is such an important part of our relationship that I don't think I could do the deep trauma work we are doing without it. It was so important that during covid, she came up with holding hands as a safe way to do touch because hugging was too risky. So I do understand the deep desire for touch. If touch is a deal breaker for you, then don't waste anymore time on this T. And if/when you do find another T, make sure you ask if touch is okay before committing to working with them.

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight