View Single Post
MrAbbott

Member Since Jul 2022
148 hugs
given
Default Jul 22, 2023 at 04:48 PM

Hi folks, let me tell you about my impulse phobia in this post, inherited from my previous OCD.

The point is, I sometimes (not always and not with people I trust) fear acting abruptly against other people, saying or doing things that would give a poor impression of me. Don't get me wrong, I fear it but I never do it... it's a form of self-sabotage. These interferences don't let conversations or social encounters follow their natural way, I find myself frequently monitoring the way I behave and thinking what I could do to bring it to a poor ending (yes, self-sabotaging thoughts indeed) instead of focusing on what I want and how I feel (flowing naturally). For instance, when I go for a walk I fear wishing for some vehicles to have an accident or looking into other pedestrians' eyes in a bad or impolite way. It's truly a bit complex, but I thing you can get an idea on how my mind sometimes works against myself to make my life a little bit more miserable.

The bad news are that my pdoc doesn't seem very focused on fixing this (it's like we have a lot to fix already). The good news are that valproic acid on its own seems to have been fixing it to a large extend lately. It must be indeed some kind of social phobia, but now I feel much more relaxed and these kind of intrusive thoughts can't interfere with my life that much, I truly feel the difference and I'm greatly relieved of my burden.

I wanted to tell you guys about my experience in case you've ever felt this way and also because I wanted to hear your thoughts on impulse-phobias and valproic as a sedative.

Thank you.

Invega 3mg
Depakine 800mg
Plenur 400mg
MrAbbott is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro