View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,629 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 23, 2023 at 05:56 AM

My new job is a bit intimidating. I've never worked for a major, well-known global brand or company. The marketing department's practices and reporting is most impressive and intimidating to me. I never took any formal marketing classes. I have focused my education on my own niche area of digital marketing. I majored in something completely different in college, within liberal arts.

Today I am going to educate myself on marketing terminology and tactics. In fact, I have to take quite a few classes to be up to speed in this job.

I don't necessarily feel like I'm suffering from imposter syndrome since I know my own niche field quite well.

And, I am also working side-by-side with an external SEO agency on SEO strategies and implementation.

It turns out that this agency is responsible for devising the recommendations and strategy, and I am responsible for coordinating the internal workflows for implementation and the prioritization of those recommendations. So, the responsibility of strategy for the whole company does not sit solely on my shoulders as I first thought when I was hired. I am relieved to learn this. It takes a lot of the pressure off. The agency is also responsible for reports, so that takes the pressure off me as well. Thank goodness!

I am, however, working on a strategy for developing the company blog. It's coming along.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote