View Single Post
comrademoomoo
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 23, 2023 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricManatee View Post
I'm with you Artley. I wish your daughter all the best, and I hope the world becomes a different and better place for trans people.
Every decent person wants the world to be a better place for all of us people. It's divisive to imply that people with gender critical views which prioritise women want trans people to suffer. This "with or against, for or opposed" partisanship is exactly the problem I was describing. Every single radical feminist or gender critical activist I know has been involved in the fight for racial equality, campaigned against homophohic policies, worked in women's centres, rape crisis services, mental health projects, brought up families, cared about humanity and social justice. I want the best for Artley's family too! AND I care that I can attend a CSA support group without male bodies in the room and that my smear test is carried out by a female nurse and that my elderly partner will be on a single sex ward at her most vulnerable and ill. I understand that biological sex does not matter to some people. I want people to respect that it matters to me and people like me.

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, Lemoncake, unaluna

Thanks for this!
ArtieTheSequal, atisketatasket, Lemoncake, unaluna