View Single Post
JustTotallyLost

Member Since Jul 2023
138 hugs
given
Default Jul 25, 2023 at 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
Get yourself a divorce lawyer before you make another move! Do not leave the home you both share, until you talk to an attorney. If you leave that home and let her know that you are seeing other women, then it can be said that YOU abandoned the marriage. That could affect the way a court will divide up the assets of the marriage. Forget about seeing a therapist, and start seeing a very experienced lawyer . . . at least for now.

Your wife is telling you to go ahead and start enjoying sex with other women. Dude . . . I think you're being played again. Do not trust anything this woman tells you. And DO NOT give her any information about any interest you may have in any woman you may meet. From here on in, that is none of her business. You need new boundaries - between her and you. She is not your new best friend. Any love life you have going forward is strictly your business, and keep your business to yourself. Go ahead and wash her car, if you like. That's fine. But do not confide in her. You need a long talk with a lawyer.
Good advice. I really appreciate your input.

I'm filing for divorce and since i work for a law firm, i can do all the paperwork myself.

We've had a legal separation going back a few years that prohibits spousal support from either party. We've had separate bank accounts for many years. Essentially, there's no property to divide.

All vehicles are paid for and we carry zero debt, other than the home.

I am not going after her assets. Its possible, with a specific legal strategy, to go after my wife's retirement, but im not doing it. I could probably develop a strategy to go after the $$$$ in invested in the marital home, even without being able to claim the deed, but i do not want to do this.

Being free to pursue a future is enough for me.

I have a great job and my work family is super supportive.
JustTotallyLost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote