View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Jul 26, 2023 at 08:02 AM

@divine1966 unfortunately, there is no way around recruiters these days. Hiring managers use recruiters to do “qualifying interviews” with all of the job applicants. This recruiter was not from a temp agency either, but directly from the company that I applied to through the company’s own website.

I did email the recruiter to ask her for more information. Again, she deflected with “the hiring manager needs to get back to me” when I asked her if my interview was cancelled or rescheduled.

So, I’m taking that as the recruiter’s indirect version of the rejection email sent out to job applicants who are no longer considered for the role they applied for. I’m moving on.

I directly apply to companies through their website or through job websites. I’m up against other job applicants, in addition to recruiters’ random, subjective selection process.

Take for instance I job I was contacted by a recruiter for through one of those job websites where I had already applied online to the job. We did the qualifying interview over the phone and she said the next process was for me to do the following, i.e. jump through more hoops, re-apply through the company website for the same job, and wait for the next tier recruiter above her, to reach out to me, in their hiring process. If he likes me, then he passes me on to the hiring manager. If the hiring manager likes me, then I guess i’d be offered the job? I have no idea.

I’m also going to an on-site second interview for a customer service job that I absolutely don’t want but will take if it’s offered.

You’re correct too about job applicants having no power at all with the job application process. We’re at the mercy of outdated, redundant hiring systems, forced to jump through ridiculous hoops, and put up with recruiters’ erroneous hiring decisions.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote