Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,849 hugs
given
Default Jul 26, 2023 at 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOnTheTrail View Post
I'm so sorry, Artie.

You deserve to be with somebody who respects you for taking care of yourself, whatever that might look like.

Possible trigger:

If you find some validation and support in seeing L, then what on earth is wrong with that?

There aren't many households where mental health is discussed freely, although thankfully that seems to be changing.

Please do not feel bad about giving yourself the grace you need.

Take care,

Lost
Thank you, Lost. I decided a long time ago that he called her that just to get on my nerves, so I stopped letting it bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Ugh, Artie, that's annoying! And not very respectful. Agreed with Lemon and Lost that if you feel you want or need to see L again, then go.

One thing I really appreciate about my H is that he just accepts my therapy appointments as part of our regular expenses. Like up there with the mortgage and such. Even though I feel guilty about it. Though I have been reducing sessions (some weeks at least!) lately.
Thanks, LT. I'm glad your H is accepting of it. Y'know, I thought mine finally had accepted my seeing L - but I guess this incident shows me that he was just pretending for whatever reason. Who knows with him. Depending on the results of the female issue medical tests I have coming up, if I feel like I need extra support she's the one I'll be calling since she already knows about it. I'm not too concerned about the hematologist appt in August; all that's for is to find out if I have to be on Xarelto for life, or for only 6 months.

I'm sorry you feel guilty about prioritizing your mental health. I had stopped feeling guilty about it when H stopped giving me **** about it, but if I were still seeing her, after what he said, I'd have started feeling guilty again. I don't know why we do that. It's just as important as physical health maybe even moreso because it can affect our physical health.

Hugs from:
Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
ScarletPimpernel