Fuzzybear
Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.4k hugs
given
Default Jul 27, 2023 at 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhuman View Post
I’m still shocked at how my aunt seemed to provoke me by calling my mom a pedophile in one conversation, then had the nerve to try and give my address to her (without asking me), then accuse me of abuse for telling her I’d potentially go no contact if she ever pulled a stunt like that. I remember laughing because I felt confused by what she was trying to do. She was deliberately provoking a response to use against me.

If I had a sister like that I’d have anger issues too. My aunt completely played victim when I confronted her manipulation.

Watching how my aunt behaved gave me insight on why my mom was the way she was. If you’re surrounded by toxic backstabbing narcissists you can end up picking up the behaviour too.
I can remember a time once when I was laughing because I was so confused by what someone, who was deliberately provoking me, was doing and saying. And it was, of course, used against me.

I think you're right, it's hard not to pick up on some of the behaviours. Especially when in the midst of it.

When I stated a fact.... my aunt simply said, in an icy cold voice.... ''That's your opinion''..... And I rarely spoke to them since I was nearly always ignored/ cut into when I was talking etc. (by a whole bunch of them)

I think you're being very compassionate towards your mother.

Hugs from:
Stillhuman