View Single Post
stopdog
underdog is here

Member Since Sep 2011
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 29, 2023 at 12:28 PM

I think most people should not be parents.
Wanting a child doesn't make people qualified to do the job well. Wanting a child to me is just the very starting place. If one has a child simply because one wants one without looking at a bunch of other factors (including one's support system and, as one example, if one doesn't have a good support system and if one tends to fall apart at the least little thing -all the want in the world is not going to help raise a happy healthy child) surrounding it, seems to me to be a most selfish act. It seems that, to me, most people want to be parents either because they are trying to fix themselves or because society says married straight people should have them. Most parents, in my opinion, are well intentioned and yet we see how well that turns out. Just more little fodders to grow up and hand money to therapists to complain about their parents and keep the therapist employed.

I never had much of an urge to be a parent and I never wanted to be the one who actually gave birth under any circumstances.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Last edited by stopdog; Jul 29, 2023 at 02:04 PM..

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, comrademoomoo