View Single Post
Blueowl

Member Since Jul 2022
144 hugs
given
Default Jul 30, 2023 at 08:29 AM

I don't do makeup. Could never find anything that really matched my skin tone and consequently wondered why do I have to cover up my natural face color. I don't like to see people whose face is one color but their ears and/or neck is a different color. I also have dermatitis so a double cleanse would destroy my face - my skin is that sensitive. My skin also peels so if I were to put on makeup, it would look worse so instead I resort to putting on lotion on my face throughout the day.

I only do mascara (some times), blush (some times), and lip gloss. That's the extent of my makeup routine. Not even a minute.

I always put on sunscreen. I rarely wash my face. I put on lotion to "clean" it - think Pond's cold cream type methods. In dry climates, I have to put on vaseline and thick Nivea cream - I'm not making this up.

If your makeup is water based, I would think a water-based cleanser should suffice. If your makeup is oil based, perhaps an oily cleanser would be suitable. If your mascara is waterproof, then you may have to work harder to take it off.

At one point, I put argan oil on my face and it improved my skin greatly - can't even remember why I stopped.

Do you enjoy putting makeup on? I don't. But my sister loves it.

Wayne Goss - YouTube
Dr. Shereene Idriss - YouTube
Blueowl is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl