View Single Post
Yaowen
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2020
6,475 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 01, 2023 at 10:10 AM

So sorry this is happening to you! How awful.

I've had troubles with bad neighbors before. One day I was kind of upset and just gave my bad neighbor a kind of "mad dog" stare. Thought nothing about it.

A few days later I was driving in the rain and I noticed that my brakes were getting less effective. I pulled into a garage and they noticed a piece of wire attached from my windshield wiper to my brake line. He said it looked like sabotage. When the windshield wiper moved it pulled out the brake line. I told police I thought it was my neighbor but they were no help since there was no proof.

Now I am afraid to raise issues with neighbors because I am scared of consequences.

People used to have more shared moral values but now it seems a lot of people lack empathy and a moral compass. I had to endure weeks of illegal fireworks set off at 2 and 3 in the morning because I know my neighbor has a sketchy past.

It is awful to have bad neighbors. I hope you will have better luck than I have had. I've lowered my expectations about neighbors to almost zero now. I wish I could move but I can't afford it.

Some big cities are making many felonies into misdemeanors and shrinking police forces. Things like simple theft, breaking and entering, simple burglary, criminal trespass and shop lifting are just minor offenses now.

My neighbor likes to use his firearms at night and the police said there was nothing they could do unless they actually caught him in the act and even then he would get a simple fine.

I live in a little house with bars on the doors and windows. It almost feels like I am in jail and criminals and malcontents are free. Crazy world.
Yaowen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated, nonightowl, poshgirl, unaluna