View Single Post
mote.of.soul
Bigfoot

Member Since Jan 2018
22k hugs
given
Default Aug 01, 2023 at 01:03 PM

Hey👋

Yes I absolutely agree and know what you're saying @CANDC, thanks for your reply.🙏 Yes, the 5 Precepts fully are shared by other religious and spiritual affiliations - and also by just ordinary people who have good standards without any connection to religions at all. It doesn't matter. It's great! But of course these precepts are part of a wider spiritual path, practice, effort, philosophy, morality etc, with the purpose of - exactly as you mentioned - producing the "end of suffering" = a 'fantastic mental health'! for good! - perhaps in this lifetime or in a future one (intriguing. A person should look into this!).

It's obviously hard to envisage the human race becoming totally peaceful in the near future, but you can only try to change yourself really, so yeah, the world is what it is. There's always hope and I liked your encouraging post CANDC🙂👍

Those mere 5 precepts contain a heck of a lot. That's what I'm saying. Crucial elements to life. Good to be mindful of them always.

Thank you CANDC. You're an awesome person.🙏

Last edited by FooZe; Nov 16, 2023 at 01:25 AM.. Reason: removed religious references
mote.of.soul is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, CANDC, Fuzzybear, stahrgeyzer

Thanks for this!
CANDC, stahrgeyzer