View Single Post
3rd rock
Veteran Member

Member Since May 2019
6,015 hugs
given
Default Aug 03, 2023 at 07:34 PM

The other day a pet cockatiel of mine leapt into a cup of coffee momentarily and developed a second-degree burn on one foot. I had to call in to work so I could take her to the emergency vet. I was worried the burn might become infected and then she might die. I couldn't stand the thought of losing my only real friend. The staff at the emergency veterinary clinic were very nice and understanding, and they prescribed some antibiotics which I'm giving to her daily as a preventative measure. She doesn't appear to be picking at the burn so I don't need to put on a collar. I was very upset for a time because I was despondent at the thought of losing her. It would make me sink into a horrible pit if I lost her. Luckily she seems to be doing okay, and the burn seems to be healing. So I'm hopeful she'll heal fully with a bit more time. So that was a crisis averted that could've had tremendous consequences.

As a precautionary measure I will be drinking coffee and all other hot drinks from covered, sealed mugs at home from now on.

Hugs from:
Buffy01, Fuzzybear, unaluna, will19