View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
262 hugs
given
Default Aug 05, 2023 at 07:19 AM

And then I got into a fight this week with another manager. Basically, I am not allowed to have leave during certain time periods per year. However, those things can be imposed at a moments notice.

So I put in for leave in February. My boss didn't act on the slips ... I requested coverage in Early June -- no response, in early July, another boss put this non leave time down during one of my vacations. Notice of this is posted on a common board. Then my other boss, approved my slips. Leading me to believe that I was going to get coverage.

So I tried to talk to my boss... I emailed him, I tried to see him when he was in... several times. He never responded. And he had people with him when I went in... I asked him to email me... he didn't.

Finally three days before leave... he says, I can't have the leave because one of these periods has happened. He says that he approved the slips not knowing I had one of these time periods -- Yes, because you didn't do any checking and when I tried to talk to you about it you ignored me.

In addition, he is full of it. There are plenty of times that I have had people tell me they were covering on this period and I wasn't asking that they do any of the difficult work. The time I was asking for was the easiest period.

So I can't have the leave. The leave I requested in February wasted my time trying to get approved. My leave is an illusion. It can be taken away at any time for people they like better. It is not first come first serve.

I would say I was out, but how to I interview when I can't get time off?

This whole fight made me angry and I came home with a headache and tested by BP. It was 150/90. I am too old for this crap and they know they have me because I have 7 years left.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, divine1966, FloatThruThis, Open Eyes