mar dhea
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2022
793 hugs
given
Default Aug 05, 2023 at 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmme View Post
I know this sounds dramatic, but it feels so, so true right now.

Recently, I had an issue with someone being transphobic towards me in private messages to my friends. (This is on another site) So I brought it to the staff, who promptly banned me on the idea that me telling them someone is transphobic is "slander".

Before that, I had questioned one of the staff's character because they were best friends with said transphobic person. This led to me being verbally assaulted by their friends and me being told, "You can't judge people based on who they are friends with". Which, I completely disagree with.

Before *that* even, I told someone that I believe that people who actively harm the LGBTQ+ community are similar (if not the same) as Nazis, to which I was told that that was an "insult". :/ They got extremely angry with me that I would compare the trans genocide in the USA to the Holocaust. And I agreed, a direct comparison can't be made, but they can be compared in the sense that they are both BAD. But that didn't stop them from getting angry at me...

It just feels like everything I say ends up making someone mad. Like, everyone hates me over these things... I feel awful because I honestly don't think I did anything particularly "wrong" to deserve being treated like this. It feels like everyone is mad at me and I can't do anything to change their minds...

Apologies from Eskie and myself Esmme. We became a little sidetracked. Persuction is certainly evident in the LGBTQ+ community and the rise in recent years cannot be denied. Many other vulnerable groups have seen an uptick in abuse from certain religious and/or politically-based fronts. Your concern is valid. I wish I had better answers for you right now. I hope you're well and take care ok?
mar dhea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl