Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Aug 05, 2023 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
I do use sunscreen on my face and neck, and I wear a big hat or use an umbrella for sun protection as well. I see a lot of people using an umbrella for both sun protection and from the heat, as it provides shade too. We get so little rain that the umbrella is more handy for that. Years ago one would get strange looks if using an umbrella with no rain falling. Not anymore!

Lips are vulnerable to the sun and its damage too. I use lip balm with sunscreen. I hardly spend much time outside though. NOW we not only have the sun to worry about but mosquitoes since they love hot weather. And they carry diseases....malaria is back now.
I also drive in sun-protective gloves. I got them from Coolibar. They will have a sale at the end of the summer. I highly recommend the gloves. And modern UPF materials do not lose the sun protection from washings. So it is a one time purchase.

I am so glad people no longer give strange looks to those who carry an umbrella with no rain falling. One day I will buy an umbrella, too.
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote