NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
267 hugs
given
Default Aug 06, 2023 at 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
So I think your option is just call sick every time they deny your vacation time and when requesting vacations specify that it’s a family thing with tickets already purchased. At this point I’d lie. Nephew’s wedding etc you are in a wedding party etc
I think if I did that (call out sick when I wanted leave time during these times i am not supposed to have leave) they would have me in disciplinary proceedings they won't play these games.

I also feel that way about an interview. It is going to get noticeable if I keep calling out sick to interview with other places.

My boss always says I should travel but I think he is out of his mind. I am not risking 4K in travel to have my other boss deny my leave at the last second.

It is the point as well - leave shouldn't be decided based on what you are doing with that leave? It should be first come - first serve. I don't understand what the point of leave is if you have to go through this kind of insanity. I don't understand the point of a manager if they don't manage.

Thanks, it is frustrating. I am considering my options. I am going to start calling out sick more. Just to get them used to it.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote