Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2023 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieJastrow View Post
I think if I did that (call out sick when I wanted leave time during these times i am not supposed to have leave) they would have me in disciplinary proceedings they won't play these games.

I also feel that way about an interview. It is going to get noticeable if I keep calling out sick to interview with other places.

My boss always says I should travel but I think he is out of his mind. I am not risking 4K in travel to have my other boss deny my leave at the last second.

It is the point as well - leave shouldn't be decided based on what you are doing with that leave? It should be first come - first serve. I don't understand what the point of leave is if you have to go through this kind of insanity. I don't understand the point of a manager if they don't manage.

Thanks, it is frustrating. I am considering my options. I am going to start calling out sick more. Just to get them used to it.
Well yeah it shouldn’t be based on what you do with your vacation days but if they make it hard then you got to jump through their hoops. What should be and what’s really happening isn’t the same thing.

Well how often would you be going to interviews that they’d question it?

I think it matters what’s important for you. Like ideally you’d never have to lie or explain why you need vacation days. But in reality apparently you can’t get those days otherwise. So you have some choices to make.

You have high blood pressure. It’s a serious concern. They’ll have discipline proceedings if you take a day for that? They’d have to look for proof that you did not have high blood pressure. They’d have lawsuits on their hands if they had disciplinary proceeding against people with health issues taking sick days.

I know it appears that the management runs the show. And they do. But you aren’t powerless and without any rights. It can’t be that no one ever takes vacations or travels or takes sick days in your work place. I am sure they do. Maybe find out how they manage to get those and play the game
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote