Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,971 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Confused Aug 06, 2023 at 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
Not at all. And you can just read the Relationships and Communication forum to see how many sensitive and vulnerable men are out there. It is not gender-specific, despite the stereotype.
I agree. There ARE good ones out there, just like there are cold, unemotional women! I think part of it is upbringing and culture, as men are expected to be tough and not show feelings like sadness. I don't know how it is in other countries but it's present in the US for sure. If men show vulnerability, they are called wimps or sissies or worse, not only by other men but women too.

It could also be generational, in the sense that if they were raised the way their dads were, it's just a vicious cycle. I'm hoping it's different now, as I believe today's younger men are more emotionally available than previous generations.

Once I read that all this repressing of emotions is why men have heart attacks and high blood pressure more than women.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, Tart Cherry Jam