Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,892 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Crazy Aug 06, 2023 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
My hair is sort of long, dry, damaged, and a bit frizzy. I comb it & I use conditioner on it once or twice a week, but it gets tangled like crazy everyday!

I use detangler too. How can I prevent tangles? Why does this happen?
I don't know if they still make this, but as a kid I used to use Johnson and Johnson's No More Tears detangler after shampooing. I still sometimes have trouble, as my hair is shoulder length but kind of medium in texture with permed curls. The hair under my neck is the most trouble.

Conditioner that's the leave-in kind might work, as long as it's not too heavy. Since your hair is dry, the moisture could help too. I use a wide toothed comb after shampooing to work out tangles. On windy days or at the gym, I have it in a ponytail or up with a clip. At bedtime I always have it up, otherwise it'd be a real mess in the morning. And hair is hot, it holds in body heat. Or head heat.

Your hairdresser might have some ideas too as Rechu mentioned.

BTW I was talked into mine by spending $35 on conditioner that's supposed to bring out highlights in gray hair more, while toning down the "brassiness". Like you I really can't afford it but thought I'd try it just once. I don't know if it really matters.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote