View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
297 hugs
given
Default Aug 07, 2023 at 04:59 AM

Honestly I no longer believe Cholesterol is bad for you - necessarily.

At 30 I was constantly in a fight with my doctor about my high cholesterol. It was only 240 then - it is much more after menopause. But I refused statins and she essentially fired me. At 50 I got into it with my doctor again, but this time I demanded a Coronary Calcium Scan. A very light CT of your heart. This will tell you if you have blockages. There is a free movie on You tube called "the widowmaker" that will tell you about it.

20 years of high cholesterol -- my CAC score was zero. That means I have ZERO blockages at 50. That is as good as you can get. My doctor still wanted me on statins even though the American heart Association says that is not the standard of care.

There is so much that your body needs cholesterol for. I think the doctors are completely wrong on this. Did you know your body makes nutrients for the heart called Cardiotonics? Those keep your heart pumping strongly. Guess what your body makes those out of? Cholesterol.

I would recommend you ask for a coronary calcium scan to know your true heart risk.

With regard to the high blood sugar.... honestly -- you must reduce carbs and sugar. Also do some fasting. I did Alternate day fasting (but that is a bit hard) and my blood sugar level got down to an A1C of 5.0%. I eat veggies but not high starch ones. I would look into time restricted eating.

High blood sugar is a culprit with regard to damage to the vascular system. Among other things there is this hair like structure in your arteries called endothelial glycocalyx. This keeps things away from the sides of the arteries. Studies have shown that when you have high sugar in the blood this hair like structure flattens. Thus damage to your artery walls is more likely at that time.

Did you know that blood viscosity has been more tied to heart damage than cholesterol? There is an easy way to reduce blood viscosity. Donate blood regularly. And yes there are studies that show reduction in heart disease with those who regularly donate.

High blood sugar also makes your blood more thick if viscous. The American diabetes Assocation recommends everyone with diabetes take an aspirin for this reason (but I think aspirin can be dangerous).
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote