Thread: Letting Go
View Single Post
RollercoasterLover

Member Since Apr 2021
58 hugs
given
Default Aug 07, 2023 at 10:27 AM

Each day, ask yourself what will be new today in my life. It doesnt have to be something you keep in your life forever. It's about expanding your comfort zone. I can't really give you a list of things because I don't know you personally. Try a new salad dressing. Go out and skip wine with dinner, take the stairs if you would normally take an elevator, use a coupon if you normally don't.
I tried sushi and absolutely hated it! Never again. But I'm glad I tried it. I now have a funny story to share when someone suggests going out for sushi. I used a free sample of laundry detergent and liked it.

I'm VERY aware that narcissistic abuse is uniquely different. But, you specifically mentioned the no drama sob story need... Try a regular divorce support group. In my experience a general support group has very limited sob story and drama. Dealing with abuse comes with alot of difficult stories and a lot of
emotions. Every abuse/divorce hybrid group I've participated in has involved LOTS of story sharing. It's triggering and emotional for most people in some way.

Try different groups. It isn't a waste of time to try and decide it's not right. Waiting to deal with things or not trying are wastes of time. No one is going to force you to keep going to a support group you don't like. If you don't try them on, you won't know if they are a good fit. What do you have to lose by trying?
RollercoasterLover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Have Hope