Thread: Career Options?
View Single Post
phiaphlowers
Newly Joined

Member Since Aug 2023
Confused Aug 07, 2023 at 11:34 AM

(22 y/o female) Hey! First time poster. I was wondering if anyone has any good insight on career options. I've always, always had issues with occupational functioning. Mostly calling out at the last minute from the anxiety/anticipation. I also have BPD which can sometimes result in unpredictable emotional episodes (crying, dissociation).

I want to live comfortably. I don't want to just "get by" (financially). The next paragraph is a bit of background info on me personally - it's not necessary to read but would help with giving an answer that is suited for me personally.

I have done 4 years of neuroscience at a state university. During the last 2 of them (2021-2023), my mental health absolutely rocked me (Because of BPD, I am depressed at baseline but these years shattered me). This resulted in many withdrawals - more withdrawals than actual classes taken. I am tired, my spirit is shattered, and at this point my dreams are unattainable. I have to start over. I've accepted that it was simply not the path I was intended to take.

I'm tired. I'm in debt. I'm disappointed.
I've been in school for 16 years.

I know you don't need an education to make decent money, but I don't know how, or what. I've always been interested in the sciences, which I can only pursue with education. Right now I dog walk/sit/board, and it's good pocket money but I can't live off of it or add to my savings.

I know this was a super long post so if you've read this far, thank you. I hope you all know peace and love.
phiaphlowers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote