Thread: Career Options?
View Single Post
stahrgeyzer
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2018
5,660 hugs
given
Default Aug 07, 2023 at 03:20 PM

Wow I'm so sorry. Is it because you are no longer interested in neuroscience or is it school itself? Are you only interested in getting a degree or are you interested in starting your own business? It really depends what you want. Either path can easily lead to a comfortable life. It really depends who you are, what are your core desires. As you know starting a business takes time, but if you keep it up you will succeed. I don't know if you have any interest, but may on the side you could start a youtube channel about neuroscience. I follow a lot of scientists on youtube such as Sabine Hossenfelder. Social blade says she's making $17.5K/month (assuming $4 CPM, which seems reasonable for her nitche). Also on her patreon page it says she's making $6,277/month. Yes it takes a long time to get there, but there are plenty new youtube channels that make enough to live on after 4 to 6 months of hard work. It is possible for a channel to quickly grow if you make well thought out professional quality videos. Anyhow, just a thought. Keep searching. You'll find what you're looking for!
stahrgeyzer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote