View Single Post
lovethesun

Member Since Dec 2014
58 hugs
given
Default Aug 07, 2023 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post
I’ve been thinking around what eskielover said about existing some kind of social brake in small towns and rural areas.
It seems as the more anonymous we see ourselves, the more savage we are.

I would have done exactly what you and your friend did it, after trying to reason with her. Sometimes, people are under stress and who knows perhaps this woman was having a bad day. I’m not trying to justify her, please, don’t see it like that. Only, wondering because I’ve been myself sometimes rude in different occasions especially when I have to go for having bureaucratic stuff that I hate as hell. But, now, with a different attitude everything goes smoothly.

I’ve been also guilty of being rude and it’s good to remember these kind of things. 😀

I thought about this possibility. Maybe this woman just got terrible news about herself or family member, got fired from her job, etc...Truly, I look to give people the benefit of the doubt. Only thing that made me cross that boundary into thinking she was just plain nasty was she followed my friend spewing confrontational words even after my friend gave her what she wanted. That was over the line in my opinion. I think someone lashing out due to personal stress would have lashed out once then just shut up with the aweful realization of "What is wrong with me? What am I doing?" This woman seemed bent on grinding her point in to the point of flat out harrassment. So given that I feel she crossed the line of forgiveness.
lovethesun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl