View Single Post
RollercoasterLover

Member Since Apr 2021
58 hugs
given
Default Aug 07, 2023 at 08:15 PM

I used to consider being called a "people pleaser" an insult. The label from others who were more demanding and lacked understanding of me as a person definitely pushed me away. People who demanded my limited time and energy didn't deserve my time or my energy.

I remember very well the day I spoke truthfully to someone who constantly demanded an answer to do them a favor. I was trying to change my existing plans so I could do them the favor, even going so far as to find childcare at a significant cost to me. When this person said I wasn't a good friend because I was never there for her anymore and all she wanted was a yes or no, I suddenly became very honest and told her I could not help her without incurring a significant expense. She said I was lying that she would pay for whatever costs i incurred. When I sent her the email from the only babysitter available at the last minute on a holiday weekend and asked her pay so I could help her. She never replied. She also never paid.

I'm telling you this because you asked and you wanted someone to be honest. Relationships are not one way streets. They are 5 lane highways in both directions.
RollercoasterLover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, Bill3, Discombobulated, divine1966, rechu