View Single Post
Abusedbysister

Member Since Oct 2017
202 hugs
given
Frown Aug 08, 2023 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samicat View Post
That's terrible and you absolutely didn't deserve it and your parents should have protected you. Women can 100% be physically abusive and it's awful that you got stuck with that kind of sister.

My mother was physically abusive to my brother and mentally/emotionally with me.

It doesn't matter how strong someone is - some people are more vicious like your sister. The meaner person will usually win because they don't care about being fair or how badly hurt you are. I'm glad you had therapy and it helped. I think it's hard to ever fully escape the consequences of bullying and abuse. Lately I've been watching Buddhist videos on YouTube and they can be soothing. One thing that might also help is to think of what good might have come out of it - like you have compassion for others who are suffering. I think more men are coming forward these days who are victims of physical abuse from women.

Thank you for the comment. Sorry to hear about your mother. It is so true that meaner people win. Not only she didn’t care how much she hurt me, she enjoyed it more the more pain I received. Although physically I was bigger, I ended up being mentally in a state of fear of getting hurt all the time, and she knew it so she made sure I would get hurt.

It is true that more men are coming forward about getting abused physically by women but it is still slow. In our culture, there is a feeling of shame about it, like not being a man or being a sissy or wuss. I grew up with a 24 hr feeling of shame and I am still embarrassed about it to this day.
Abusedbysister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote