View Single Post
AzulOscuro
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
Default Aug 08, 2023 at 10:45 AM

@jesyka, hi, how are you doing?
What did you decided to do in regards to your friend?
I told you in the other thread that you are the best to know if she is ghosting? You said you wasn’t sure.
I think you know it at this point in time.

Sometimes, it’s hard to put in the other person’s shoes and we want things made our way and people are different even the same individual is different under different circumstances.

I tend to use social vaseline if I have to say no to someone when the explanation to this “no” may hurt the feelings of the other person.
For example, I met an acquaintance who use drugs. I thought she was clean. She sometimes asked me to hang in up. I already did it but when I saw that going out with her, the probabilities to meet not very appropriate people were high, I’m rejecting her requests by telling her things like, yes, we must meet up someday, or I give her the excuse that I have to be with my partner. After a couple of excuses like that, she understood. She, of course, doesn’t know why and I feel bad because I don’t dislike her as a person. I have my reasons.

It’s needed to know to let go. Life sometimes is more complicated than to give a yes or a no for an answer.

I’m putting you this example so you can understand that I’m different to you. And I can see things the other way around.

I have been also rejected and what can I do? I’m not going to go to the other person to complain or to look for an explanation. They have their motives and all we can do is to focus on ourselves and move on. Don’t take this possible rejection as personal. Sometimes, people spend time together but each relation is different. Maybe, she can share some time with you but not always. She has a job, a husband, a sister to visit. We should understand this as well.

It doesn’t mean your feelings aren’t important. It sucks. Me, as a person who has been rejected, just like everybody else in their lives, I only asked myself if I did something wrong in this relationship worthy to learnt about and move on.

If I say that I would give up with a person because I have no other option, the value I give to that person is few. This is not fair and maybe the other person may catch it up.

Jesyka, I’m not going against you or saying you’re wrong. Your feelings are important and I ask you for other considerations to the ones you’re exposing.

Many times it has nothing to do with a people pleaser. I’m not. Or passive aggressive. Passive aggressive is for example, cut any contact suddenly only because the other person who is the only owner of their own time, took a while to answer you and you made him known with an aggressive reply. (I’m putting an example, nothing to do with you)

Take a time as Discombobulated told you in the other thread and maybe made an appointment with her so you can know finally what she’s at.

My apologise for this long text. I wish the best for you.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Discombobulated