Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,075 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Aug 09, 2023 at 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
Thanks. I appreciate the support, but I’m sensing a lot of judgement like just about everything is my fault & that other people aren’t the problem aside from my husband. I’m hearing that I’m the problem mostly & that I expect to much just for having needs.

What about these people who abuse & disrespect me? Why are they rarely blamed for anything aside from the predatory men I mentioned & my husband ? Weird!

What is reparenting exactly?
It isn't your fault. There's nothing wrong with looking for/needing an emotional connection. It's part of being human. Men need and benefit from it too, yet aren't as aware of it. Or accepting of it.

I'm not sure what reparenting is, but I think it means to give yourself the emotional validation you didn't get growing up. And that means that it's okay to have the feelings you have. Discomb could explain better but I think it's tending to your inner child, comforting her. We all have a kid inside, but not all of us got the nurturing we deserved growing up. It affects us as adults, both men and women.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated