Thread: Again?!
View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Aug 09, 2023 at 07:00 PM

So, I took a 2 week front desk temp job starting this week. I'm so tired of temping and today's experience with a non-manager just validates the underside of the temp world that is: people view temps as invisible, non-humans.

I was at the front desk, filling out my online timecard when one of the staff came and grabbed the mouse out of my hand and proceeded to use my computer without acknowledging me.

I'm so used to being treated like dirt at temp jobs, that I just sat there silent. Eventually she finished what she was doing and left the front desk area without even acknowledging my presence.

I've been doing virtual interviews for full-time jobs for nearly 4 months with no job offers, and I'm just mentally frazzled and physically exhausted. I have anxiety and insomnia again and spent an hour in my car weeping today, over my lunch hour.

Two people who work with this staff member saw what she did and didn't say or do anything. They also didn't acknowledge my existence. I'm not going to say anything to my temp agency recruiter because I need to complete this temp job.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, Open Eyes, WovenGalaxy, Yaowen