Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,647 hugs
given
Default Aug 10, 2023 at 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
It’s hard. Team work is hard no matter how you slice it.

I think maybe try to focus your mind on the quality of work and working as a team. Like keep that on the front of your mind: what’s better for the company and how to work as a team. I’d try to not let my mind go too deep into you being senior and superior in your experience and knowledge and them being juniors and less knowledgeable. Even if it’s absolutely the case, if you start focusing on it in your mind in first weeks of work it would add to your stress and will affect your attitude about these people.

I know easier said than done. In my next life I’ll be independently wealthy and will not need to work at all lol Spend our whole lives working like work horses. Isn’t it something.
LOL. Me too. I would love to. be independently wealthy so I didn't have to work!

Teamwork IS hard. Everyone wants their opinions heard, everyone wants their input to count and everyone wants their to share in decision-making.

I only get an attitude when more junior team members than me feel the need to tell me what's what and override things I say or put forward.

Two more junior males did this to me this week. One in a team meeting, and the other, over email, with several others involved To me they seem full of ego.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote