Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
272 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 10, 2023 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
Yeah that’s not nice, and I’m glad you’d report it now, I’m sorry people didn’t stop him. Sometimes people do just freeze.

I can tell you though that my son (he’s in his 20s) has had harassment from women, sometimes in the street (once when he was just 17) and work. He’s quite a muscly guy and the number of certain type of women who think it’s okay to squeeze his biceps has quite astonished me. It does happen to men too, I didn’t realise the extent until it happened to him. And men often don’t feel like they can report either, or at least my son didn’t, he felt embarrassed. Like he’s meant to take it as a compliment??

Assault/harassment is never okay whatever gender you are.
I’m shocked that no one did anything to help me either. I think that people didn’t care as it wasn’t their problem. Also, it was at a place full of ghetto people mostly & I suspect that some of the people there didn’t like me, idk.

I definitely would’ve called the cops on him now. I would’ve quit that job too if nothing was done to fire him.

I was quiet & kept to myself. They might’ve thought that I was stuck up. What happened to your son isn’t OK. Some women are inappropriate like that. Did he ever tell them to stop?
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, nonightowl