jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
270 hugs
given
Default Aug 10, 2023 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
People are afraid to get involved or they freeze, like Discomb says. It's so shocking that they are just immobile.

It's true that men can be harassed too, not just by women by other men.

What you said about your son reminded me of how a man I was acquainted with kept asking me out and I said no. One time he snuck up behind me while I was on the computer at the library. He leaned in close and put his hand on my shoulder, saying "We really have to go out sometime." I said "No we don'tl" Yeah before anybody says it was my shoulder and not something else, it was still totally invasive and inappropriate to touch me.

Speaking of what you said about compliments, I once had a man stare at me in the parking lot of a coffee shop. I was sitting outside waiting for someone. He rolled down his window, stared like staring at a painting, and smiled. I didn't smile back. Inside he got in line behind me. He said something about how pretty I am, then at the cream and sugar counter, he was right behind me again.

He then got offended and yelled in front of other customers that I have a real problem! And to add insult to injury as they say, this so-called friend (whom I no longer talk to) said I should have felt complimented. When I said what happened, she asked "Well did you say THANK YOU?" WTF?

Talk about feeling objectified. Staring, following me, then getting upset I'm not flattered? It's creepy and stalky. It's wrong for people to touch others like what happened with your son. And it was wrong of that man in the coffee shop to say that I'm the one with the problem. He needs to learn boundaries and to not just walk up to women like that.

I read somewhere that the US has lost its moral compass. Not only harassment up and plain courtesy is gone now it seems.

Jeskya, so sorry. This happens to me too, as the creeps are drawn to me like moths to a flame. And they will get singed. I swear I'm a $hit magnet.
I’m so sorry to hesr about what happened to you with those two creeps. You didn’t owe either of them anything. The friend who expected you to thank the creep is part of the problem. I’d be pissed!

No wonder why sexual predators think they can get away with this behavior! They have enablers! It’s a good thing that you didn’t enabke their bad behavior.

Next time loudly say no, get away from me you creep, I said don’t touch me! Then ger them kicked out by the manager if they don’t leave. I’d do that if that happened to me now.

I’ve had it. I dont care if I make a scene now. I will
probably go nuclear on the next loser who dares to mess with me be it a man or a woman, lol! I will make them extremely sorry they messed with me. I won’t hit them, but I will make a scene, scream & get the offender kicked out, lol.

The exception would be for Uber. I dont want a repeat of the Lyft story. Those jerks obviously won’t even listen to the customers story. I’ll just report thing’s anonymously right away.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl